smoke tool

Home Forums The Tool Chest smoke tool

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chevy32720
    Participant

ive seen a smoke tool in a few videos to find vacumme leaks. What is the model of that tool so i can look for it. ive seen it in a few videos and cant find it now

psduun
      Participant

It’s actually quite easy to make one yourself. I made mine using a glas jar with a metal lid , a soldering iron and an electrical pump that runs on 12v battery power from the car and is used to inflate the tires.

Searh the net for more detailed instructions.

sertimins
        Participant

I have also DIYed a smoke jar. I never used it though. It said to use baby oil, so I bought one at CVS. My concern is, I didn’t want the oily smoke to coat the entire inside of my engine and intake including the sensors. I don’t know, maybe I’m being concerned over nothing as engine will burn up the junk?

Georgesauto
          Participant

Hi. I have also made a smoke tool using a glass jar but I was not happy with it due to it not being professional made . I work on many cars so I needed something reliable and easy to use. I bought a Autool SDT206 from Amazon.its around the $300 price. The good part is it comes with adapters and fittings that you need to use when working with different set up, intake tube , vacuum tube sizes etc. It also has an inflatable rubber bulb that you can block off most intake tube and also pump smoke in at the same time. ( if you buy it alone , it can cost around $100). I suggest that if you don’t want to spend that much then just search on YouTube for a diy smoke machine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.