Genisys evo dark display

Home Forums The Tool Chest Genisys evo dark display

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bb440zp
    Participant

I have a genisys evo I bought around 2010. Used it for cpl months and the screen went dark. Company would not warranty it. Its the 3.0 so its out of date but still a good tool. Does anyone have an idea what would cause this. Or a suggestion for a fix? The info still displays but with no backlight. Thx for any input.

Apex
      Participant

I don’t know if there would be any circuit diagrams available for it, but it is possible something is damaged on the backlight display. If you were going to attempt to repair this yourself I would suggest Louis Rossman’s videos on electronics repairs. He mostly does iphone and macbook repair, but has a really good free course on repairing electronics like that.

That being said without diagrams you would be fumbling around a bit unless there was an obvious burnt component or cracked solder joint on the circuit board. I suppose you could try to find one of those old school front light adapters that were popular on the Gameboy Advance as it was impossible to see anything on the screen at night? Unlikely it would fit as-is and would need to be modified, or if you wanted to get really creative and had access to a 3d printer you could DIY one.

Some of them were just like a book-light (which would probably decently as well), others had a built in magnifier too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.