Finally Made It

Home Forums Welcome and Introductions Finally Made It

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gkellerman
    Participant

Hi, name here is Greg. I’ve been a subscriber to SB and a paid subscriber to SBQM on youtube for a while and have finally figured out how to pay on this site to get access. The embroglio started when the site wanted me to enter my CC information for a second time after I submitted it initially. Being in IT that was a red flag so I didn’t do it.

Anyway, about me. I stated working on bicycles when I was about 8 or so. With six boys in the family and five of them gearheads you’d probably say that it is genetic. My father owned a radiator shop so one summer I changed/fixed/installed a lot of heaters, water pumps, thermostats, radiators, and gas tanks. For a time I helped my oldest brother fix his fellow employees cars and lapped the valves of a 383 that was being rebuilt for a ’68 Charger that I subsequently purchased from him using the income from the aforementioned summer job. With youthful foolishness I managed to crash the thing. 🙁

In the intervening years I’ve owned a ’67 Dart on which I rebuilt the carb and then replaced with a two barrel Holley. Someone used it to stop quickly so the next item was a ’78 Chevy Monza. After a time it’s carb was replace with the Holley. That 3.2L/196ci with the four speed would move like a bat out of hell.

Then more family and the boring period, an ’85 Cavalier Wagon, ’90 Tempo, ’95 Caravan, ’03 Impala and an ’05 Caravan. The last two I still have and are my daily drivers.

I have repaired and maintained all of these over the years. As things have gotten more complicated I’ve had to go to the internet to research the systems to effect repairs. Whilst doing that I came across SB and Matt filled in some details that I didn’t know.

Right now I’m doing a rebuild on a 360 Mopar, upping the compression and changing the bumpstick for better performance. That is going into my project car.

I’ve dabbled in Analog Electronics, Automotive Repair, Photography, Welding, Audio, Video, Amateur Radio, Computer Programming/Databases/Imaging Systems, etc.

My and my Wife’s current fleet consist of a ’96 Camry, my two daily drivers, a 2014 Camry, the Project Car, and a Yamaha that has only two wheels.

I’m pretty sure I’ve gone beyond the original scope desired in this and it’s somewhat haphazard so I’m sorry about that.

Did I mention I’m 63 and now retired? 🙂

Jackolope56
      Participant

Hi Greg. I’m 61 and can see where you are coming from. I recently joined Matt’s channel here too.I’m not retired yet but hopefully soon. I am happy that Matt has his own website.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.