4 Oxygen sensors ?

Home Forums The Garage 4 Oxygen sensors ?

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Andy K
    Participant

Well sadly that hasn’t fixed it.

I notice today that the AMM reads 8 g/s with the engine off!
      And 6 g/s with it idling.

Are they usually this inaccurate at idle? or is it suspect ?

Thanks

Andy K
      Participant

Regarding the oxygen sensors, I found out from the manual, the location of the sensors is deliberate.

upsteam has constant voltage output, with linar current/AFR from 12:1 to 18:1.
        The linear characteristic allows very accurate feedback control.

HO2 is fitted downsteam and has a sharp response at stoichmmetric so provides a reference for the upsteam sensor .

The stoichmmetric output of 450mV is maintained more accuratly than before by the upsteam linear sensors

Andy K
        Participant

So as I partly suspected, the 8 g/s air reading was the last valid reading, and not a reading with the engine off. Replacing the AMM with a used item hasn’t changed the live value readings.

The origional AMM reads about 0.5 – 0.7 g/s in free air (from memory)

I’m running with the EGR plug disconnect at the moment. The long term fuel trim values seam great at the moment. (less than 2%). I discovered similar 2 years ago when I blanked the EGR (though the effects didn’t last into winter, however the EGR to inlet connection was loose at that time, I since discovered)

Can anyone give me any clues as to why not using the EGR makes the trims good?

I’ve had the EGR off previously and it seams sealed when closed. This is proved as I only disconected the electric plug this time.

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.